Sunday, October 12, 2008

New WDCC releases!










Just newly released through Enesco's Walt Disney Classics Collection Orville and Shere Khan! Above are pics of the original sculpt of each.  Get all the details and info of each on our good friend Don the Duckman's Website!  
Here are the concept sketches of some of the recently released pieces including Shere Khan. You'll notice that the Queen and Raven are quick sketches to get the idea across.
This is not the first time I sculpted Orville or Bernard and Bianca for that matter, above you'll see pics of the original maquette I sculpted of them for the Animated Film "Rescuers Down Under."  You'll see two sets of Bernard and Biancas, one in the sardine can and another just standing... Mike Gabriel the Co-Director thought it would be a good idea for us to see the size relationship between them, so I added the standing pose a well.  A funny anecdote; we started out the film with Orville but then it was decided instead to use his brother Wilbur.  The only thing that changed was his hat so I ended up resculpting a bust.  If you look closely since his hat was a baseball cap, I threw in the movie logo on the front since it reflected the baseball caps we all got during that production.  It took about 20 years to tell that little bit of inside trivia but I hope  you all find it well worth the wait.  Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger P. Alvarado said...

I need two lifetimes to get as good as you. Awesome stuff!!!

10/22/2008 2:47 PM  
Blogger Disneyqueen said...

Ruben, I just got Orville, Bernard & Bianca today and all I can say is wow!! What an awesome job you did. Can I request Lion King next, Y x

12/05/2008 12:32 PM  
Blogger johnni said...

Amazing post, Thanks for this informative post. Are you Gaming Addicted? If yes,then you can play games from spacebar clicker as well as enhance your Spacebar clicking speed.

6/16/2022 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home