Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Phantom Generations Cover #10




Here's one of the latest Phantom Generations Covers...#10 Above is the thumbnail, the idea and theory behind it and the final. A principle in drawing, especially covers, is not only draw your viewer in but also to make your composition lead right into your focal point. In this case you'll notice I actually used practically all the elements leading into the center of the page where our hero is. I remember studying and learning this principle as a teen in one of my many "how to books" where they broke up a panel Neal Adams did for a Green Lantern/Green Arrow Issue, one from the ground breaking series in the 60's. It has stuck with me ever since. Enjoy! R.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous DianeM said...

A wonderful sense of drama, adventure and palpable danger. Just gorgeous stuff, thanks so much for sharing!

8/28/2009 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Ed Catto said...

Wow- gorgeous Ruben! Can't wait for this issue!
-E

9/29/2009 8:57 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

This is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. See who you know at Celebrity net worth, leverage your professional network.

1/20/2020 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home