Monday, August 13, 2007

The Making of the New Harvey Birdman Video Game Cover!
























Here are my sketches and thumbnails for the new Harvey Birdman Video game Cover... The premise, Film Noir! Court Room Drama! a Villain! all right up my alley as I'm a big film noir fan. The evolution goes through many ideas. I don't like to leave many of them in the ink well, so I just keep going until I feel like I've covered as many angles as I can with in the time alloted. The final was picked, a tighter rendering is done, then it was given to the very talented Brian McGee to paint the final, who did a absolute wonderful job! Thanks to my good friend Ed Murrieta at Cartoon Network for the assignment... Enjoy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dooney said...

wow. any one of these would have been a great cover. Must say that while the final rendering is well done, your layouts capture the stark pulp feel even more effectively in my book at least.

8/17/2007 12:33 PM  
Blogger Rich Dannys said...

Awesome thumbnail comps, here!!
You've really managed to capture the whole 'Film Noir' poster feel to these..

Recently bought the 'Space Ghost' dvd, too. And really appreciated your commentary, re: your relationship with Alex Toth.. That documentary was a GREAT extra!!

8/28/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Todd Kauffman said...

it would have taken me a full year to do all those....you had a year, right? please tell me you had a year.

8/29/2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Kevin Barber said...

Nothing more to say than,....GOLD !!!!!!!!!!

9/03/2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger Doron Meir said...

Wow, that's great! You've gone through So many great options. Thanks for sharing!

9/21/2007 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home