Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Shadow & Doc Savage!


The concept drawings for the latest additions to the Electric Tiki Classic Heroes Collection, The Shadow "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of man.... The Shadow knows!" and The Man of Bronze himself Doc Savage!

And for today's inspiration, the Doc Savage Creed:
Let me strive every moment of my life, to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, that all may profit by it. Let me think of the right and lend all my assistance to those who need it, with no regard for anything but justice. Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage. Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens and my associates in everything I say and do. Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Thompson said...

Those sketches look amazing, Ruben! Post more when you can.

Best,
Mike

12/21/2008 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your statues!

I have a few of the Tiki designs you've done as well as a pre-order on The Rocketeer bust that's coming soon. The Flash Gordon Tiki statue is a favorite of mine.

The Shadow is a favorite of mine courtesy of the old radio show (WAY before my time!) that I've collected on CD and Internet mp3's. Too bad none of the comics are in print!

I see Tiki is doing a Mary Blair Alice in Wonderland mini-maq. Any chance that an Alice maq based on the Kathryn Beaumont version might be released in the future at an affordable price? (Something like $150 or less, not the $300+ Disney charges for unpainted maqs...)


- George C.

1/28/2009 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home