Sunday, August 30, 2009

Taking the ZBrush Plunge!





Yes... learning ZBrush with Zack Petroc and Bryan Wynia at Studio Arts. One of the exercises in Bryan's class is to model a monster and make it our own version. Among the choices I picked The Creature from the Black Lagoon, above are some pics... Next to me is my buddy and old time colleague and friend, the very talented Jim Mitchell modeling Frankenstein (pic above). Of all things we trained together with Eric Larson at Disney's 30 years ago... and here we are again, starting a new chapter in our lives in ZBrush, who woulda thunk, huh Jim.... It's very fun and I look forward to applying my traditional experience onto this program... from the sculpting table on to the computer!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Dooney said...

I've been really curious about trying this program. I have seen some amazing things done with it. Kind of sorry that computers have found yet another way for us not to get our hands dirty though ;(

9/01/2009 12:25 PM  
Blogger Lord Sketch said...

Wow, last of the titans... :)

I hope you keep putting your hands in clay though, Ruben!

P.S.
That's a mean looking monster ;-p

9/03/2009 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home