Wednesday, August 22, 2007

“Visions: The World of Fantasy Art”

Is a new exhibit at the Forest Lawn Museum in Glendale, California. I have not seen it yet but apparently there are many of the maquettes I did for Disney Feature Animation on display. I got a call from the local paper to do a article on my work, here's a link. Thanks to our dear family friend Joan Costa at Forest Lawn for letting me know as well as my good friend and colleague Chad Frye. Look forward to seeing this exhibit as there are many well known artist works on display. (Photo by Alex Collins)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruben - what a great article. With the amount of talent you have, they should do something like that every week!!!

Best -
Andrew Goodwin

8/25/2007 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ruben,
I enjoyed seeing you in the Simplicity: The Life and Art of Alex Toth documentary on the new Space Ghost DVD. Is there any chance you might post scnas of those Alex pages that you own, which demonstrate how to animate. I'd love to see them.

Sincerely,
Cameron Chesney

8/25/2007 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ruben
That is one amazing set of maquettes you have - I saw a load of them on your masked avenger website as well. How long does it take on average to sculpt one?

It must be worth having such a multi-skill ability, so keep up the amazing work. Your website also lists your feature animation films - it would be great to see your drawings from those films! If you have any, please post them:)

Sincerely yours
Morris

8/27/2007 8:11 PM  
Blogger Luis said...

Ruben,

It has been great browsing here and at your website through almost all the masterpieces that you and your father have created. It took me many happy hours!

With all my admiration and best wishes from Mexico.
¡Muchos éxitos más!

-- Luis Medina

9/01/2007 11:33 PM  
Blogger Kevin Barber said...

Congrats buddy. Well deserved.

9/03/2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger Doug Klauba said...

...and more inspiration from an incredible artist. You give and give!
Best,
DK

9/26/2007 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home